The goal and task of the stuvus Department for Sustainability is to create a greater awareness for sustainability within the student body and to make student representation activities more environmentally friendly. For this purpose, we cooperate with other units, subject groups, working groups, student university groups as well as with organs of the university. We are in constant contact with the Green Office and exchange information about sustainability activities at the University of Stuttgart. We are part of the Round Table Climate and advocate for a climate-friendly University of Stuttgart. Furthermore, we support a good networking of existing initiatives and projects in the field of sustainability, because only together we can make the university more sustainable.
If you want to learn more about us and our work, you are welcome to come to one of our meetings. Just contact us by email at email@example.com.
This is especially true for all first-year students 🙂
We look forward to seeing you!
Since our establishment at the beginning of 2019, we have already been able to implement a number of projects.
The completed projects as well as the projects we are currently working on are listed below:
- Sustainability within stuvus: guidelines, communication with subject groups, life cycle assessment of activities (e.g. parties), ...
- Sustainability and reflection in teaching
- Green Erasmus (e.g. raising awareness of sustainable travel among students and inform international students about sustainability in Stuttgart)
- Sustainability in the canteens and cafeterias → AK Green Canteen
- Support for the establishment of the Green Office at the University of Stuttgart
- Sustainability Weeks 2021
- Erstsemesterakademie BaWü zukunftsfähig (German only)
- Guidelines for sustainability within the student body (German only)
- Sustainability Days 2020 (German only)
- Sustainability in SEPUS (Structural and Development Plan of the University of Stuttgart)
- Project report "Photovoltaics and sustainable energy supply at the University of Stuttgart" (German only)
- Sustainability Days 2019 (German only)
- Image film about sustainability at the University of Stuttgart (YouTube, German only)
- Information campaign about "veganism" at the University of Stuttgart on 24.10.2019 (YouTube, German only)
- Talk by Ed Winters ("Earthling Ed") on the topic "Living in times of climate crisis - How to bring about positive change" on 30.11.2019 (Facebook, German only)
The following stuvus working groups belong to the sustainability department:
Furthermore, the following working groups also have a strong reference to sustainability:
- AK Fahrradwerkstatt (bicycle repair shop)
- AK International Green Group (e.g. waste separation in the dormitories)
Sustainability at the University of Stuttgart
We have summarized some information about sustainability at the University of Stuttgart on the page stuvus.de/en/sustainability. Among other things, we address the following points there:
- What is sustainability?
- Why is sustainability important for us - the student council of the University of Stuttgart?
- Sustainability at Universities
- Structures on sustainability at the University of Stuttgart
- Student university groups
- Sustainability activities at the University of Stuttgart
- Sustainability recommendations for everyday life
- Sustainability and reflection in teaching
Mailing list »Nachhaltig am Campus«
There is an e-mail distribution list " Sustainable on Campus" (only in German). Here you can subscribe to the e-mail distribution list to receive information about sustainability topics from the various initiatives and people at the University of Stuttgart.
Knowledge Management (German only)
Naturally, there are often personal changes in the student community. Knowledge management is therefore very important, but not exactly easy. In a public wiki, in which everyone has read and write access, we would like to try to collect as much information as possible to make it easier to get started with the engagement for sustainability at the University of Stuttgart (currently German only):
Former speakers for sustainability within stuvus:
- Paul Joseph: WiSe 2018/19 + WiSe 2019/20 (deputy)
- Alina Volland: SoSe 2019
- David Kopp: WiSe 2019/20 + SoSe 2020 + WiSe 2020/21 + SoSe 2021
- Vivien Langhans: WiSe 2020/21 (deputy) + SoSe 2021 (deputy)
- Jan Stein: WiSe 2020/21 + SoSe 2021 (deputy)
- Philipp Franz: WiSe 2021/22 + SoSe 2022 + WiSe 2022/23
- Leonard Willeke: SoSe 2022 (deputy) + WiSe 2022/23 (deputy)
- Saskia Heuer: SoSe 2022 (deputy) + WiSe 2022/23 (deputy)